Tuesday 14 August 2007

Unhiatus

I am OFF hiatus now and GASP, I bring things.

I deeply apologise however I will not be reviewing what I said oh so long ago I would do. However I may or may not review a few books I have read in my absence and, when I see it this Thursday, Stardust. I have, so far, refrained from reading reviews of this movie. According to Neil, it is number 4 in the box office in America and number 1 in Russia. According to Time's miniature one-paragraph reviews, it is not so great as Princess Bride. (Frankly I've always thought of Princess Bride like Monty Python's Holy Grail, fun to watch a few and far times but overly hyped. I love the swordsmanship in the scene on the cliff, but I never found the story about his father highly hilarious. Something every one has overlooked is that Monty Python has had much better movies AND a very good show on the telly, which is what I grew up on and missed the completely.) I did not really like the review for Time, which I read mostly because I forgot my no reviews rule. I have never liked the tiny reviews from Time. I'm more of a New Yorker fan in the review department.

No comments: